Sometimes you might want to compile your own PHP extension for your users to use. In most cases it is better to contact our support at https://helpdesk.cloudlinux.com. We will try to provide such extension for you via regular updates within 5-7 days.
If you have decided that you want to build it on your own, you would need to build it for each and every supported version of PHP that you have installed. The module installation process is a bit different from standard - you would need to use the version of phpize and php-config binaries that comes with particular alt-php version.
The full process for php 5.X would be:
1. download and unpack extension, cd into it's directory
2. execute our version of phpize for necessary:
3. execute configure with our binary:
4. make the .so file:
5. copy it to modules directory (on 32bit server, use usr/lib/php/modules)
cp -rp modules/*.so /opt/alt/php5X/usr/lib64/php/modules/
6. add ini file for module to /opt/alt/php5X/etc/php.d.all
7. register new alt-php version with:
$ cagefsctl --setup-cl-selector