1. In Software/Services area choose Select Python Environment/Select Ruby Environment.
2. Create project form will appear. Choose interpreter version for your application, application folder name (project path) and URI for accessing your application. Click “Create project” to create an application.
After a little while a new application entry will be appended to the web-page.
3. You can edit path (folder name in homedir, for example /home/clman1), uri for application, wsgi handler. If you click Edit - the value is converted to input field and thus becomes editable. When editing is complete, click Save.
4. Wsgi entry is to specify python wsgi application entry point. It must be specified as filename, must be callable and separated by colon. If your app is running from file flask/run.py by calling callable app, set flask/run.py:app.
4. When Show control is clicked, python extensions section will be expanded. It gives the ability to add or remove python modules. When start typing in input field, appropriate hints are shown in drop-down list. Choose the entry you want from drop-down and click Add.
If you click Delete, the corresponding module entry will disappear.
In addition to setting path, uri and wsgi, the interpreter version can be changed as well by changing the value in select drop-down.
5. No changes are applied to application environment until Update button is clicked. Before the Update button is clicked, all changes can be reverted with Reset button.
The newly created application will be supplied with stub only. A real application ought to be put into application folder. After application is placed into application folder, the wsgi parameter can be set.
Click Remove to delete the application - the application folder itself will remain unmoved.
Note. For LVE Manager version 0.9-10 and higher:
When creating an application you can use the key --domain, which attaches application to domain. If --domain key is not specified, then the main users domain will be used by default.
To create application run:
When changing application URI, --domain key can be used simultaneously, in this case not only URI will be changed, but also the application domain.
To change application URI run:
The possibility to choose domain when creating an application was added to web interface as well.
Also you can run simple commands from web interface (e.g. you can install packages from specific repositories or control web applications by means of django-admin).