CloudLinux 6 Hybrid kernel
CloudLinux 6 Hybrid Kernel is CloudLinux 7 (3.10.0) kernel compiled for CloudLinux 6 OS. New 3.10 kernel features a set of performance and scalability improvements related to IO, networking and memory management, available in CloudLinux 7 OS. It also features improved CPU scheduler for better overall system throughput and latency.
Please find information on the main features of 3.10 kernel branch on the links:
How to migrate from the normal to hybrid channel:
Note. The system must be registered in CLN.
1. Update rhn-client-tools from production
2. Run normal-to-hybrid script.
3. Reboot after script execution is completed.
How to migrate from hybrid to the normal channel:
Note. The system should be registered in CLN.
1. Run hybrid-to-normal script.
2. Reboot after script execution is completed.
Known limitations and issues:
1. We do not remove Hybrid kernel after migration from Hybrid to the normal channel, but we remove linux-firmware package which is needed to boot Hybrid kernel. This is because CloudLinux 6 does not allow to remove the package of currently running kernel. Proper removal procedure will be implemented, but for now, we should warn users not to boot Hybrid kernel if they have migrated to normal channel.
2. Kernel module signature isn't checking for now, as 3.10 kernel is using x509 certificates to generate keys and CL6 cannot detect signatures created in such way. The solution will be implemented.